Brooklands is an ‘Outstanding’ School
Summary of Key Findings:
- Senior leaders, members of the governing body and staff successfully drive lasting enhancements to the quality of the school’s work. They ensure the school continues to improve swiftly and meets ambitious targets.
- Teaching is outstanding. The school has excellent systems to check the progress individual pupils make. Teachers use the information to match tasks in lessons very accurately to pupils’ learning needs and set appropriately challenging activities. They make clear what pupils should do to improve their work.
- Pupils have exceptionally positive attitudes to learning. They behave outstandingly well in lessons and around the school because adults make their expectations consistently clear and provide excellent role models. Pupils feel extremely safe in school and have a very clear understanding about keeping themselves safe from harm.
- Leadership and management are outstanding. Very effective leadership of teaching and monitoring of staff performance have secured improvements to teaching in key subjects, the curriculum, and pupils’ academic outcomes. A few subject managers are not as consistently involved in monitoring provision in their subjects to improve performance even further. The promotion of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding.
What will we be working to improve further?
- We will do more to support children working below the expected levels to enable them to make rapid progress and catch-up with their peers.
- We will develop our subject leaders so they are driving improvements in their subject across the school
- We will ensure high levels of challenge and problem-solving opportunities in our EYFS classes to stretch our higher-ability children
To read the full report, visit Ofsted, Brooklands [NB. the website says our school is now closed but this only refers to the change to academy status]